Saturday, February 20, 2010

A quieter day

Today was a much quieter day than most lately. I didn't have to be at work until 10am so I was able to sleep a little bit longer. I only had to drive to three places, the IMAX theater in Richmond (Panasonic was looking to purchase tickets for their guests in March, and the Richmond Oval.

I was only at the Oval for about 15 minutes but it was really great to see the arena from the inside. I watched a couple of skaters do their laps of the rink and was once again amazed at the speed. Some things just lose some perspective on tv and the speed is one of them. I was also suprised at the huge number of Dutch fans in the arena, clearly evident in their orange outfits!

One of the neat things outside of the Oval is the sidewalk. It is a poured concrete pathway but it also has skate markings engraved in the surface. At the beginning, they are short and close together, and then they become longer and further apart. They are the same marking that you would see on the speed skating track.

No comments:

Post a Comment