Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trying to pack

I have a day off today and I have no other plans. I figured that it would be a good time to try to pack some of my things and make sure that they are going to fit. I came out with a large suitcase and a duffle bag as checked luggage, and a backpack as carry on. Of course, in the meantime, I have acquired an Olympic uniform (which I had planned for), a Panasonic coat along with numerous other Panasonic goodies, and I have bought some gifts. All of this amounts to more than the space available in my bags! I figured that I would go out and buy a small rolling suitcase to use as a second carry on bag and I knew that Canadian Tire often has that sort of thing quite cheap. Since it does not have to endure being thrown around by luggage handlers, I was really just looking for something to get me home and that Alex can use for his skating stuff later on. On the way out this evening, Debbie stopped at London Drugs to pick something up and I noticed that they carry all sorts of stuff, including electronics and furniture. I jokingly said to Debbie "perhaps they have suitcases too" and sure enough, I found a small rolling suitcase for the whopping price of $19.99. I never imagined that I would get a suitcase at the Drug store but there you go. Now I can resume packing without worrying about how it will all fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment